Just found that your member down there is practically gone? We hear, nightmare!! But this is an actual serious condition and is called a buried penis or a hidden penis.
A buried penis happens when the penis is covered with excess skin or with a layer of fat in the pubic area or scrotum( the sac of skin that contains the testicles).
To make it simple, when the penis is itself not able to extend outside the body then the problem is known as a buried penis. The opening area where the penis would normally hang, & normally the head is plush with skin, but outside the body, there is no visible shaft.
If you are facing this problem, it is a matter of concern for you. The problem of buried penis is becoming an increasingly common problem among adults. We are seeing a daily increase in the number of men suffering from this problem in our clinic today than we have ever seen before.
Causes of Buried Penis
- Obesity is a major cause, as excessive fat may cover the penis.
- The issue can also be a case of circumcision gone wrong.
- It can also result from swelling of the scrotum caused by excess buildup of lymph fluid that can bury the penis.
A Buried penis can also result from abnormal development of the penile shaft during fetal development, leading to an excessive layer of skin and fat around the penile shaft.
Here Are Some of its Dreading Effects
- Limits penetrative sex, obviously!!
- Sometimes men also complain of being unable to control urination and fall prey to dribbling and incontinence of urine.
- It also makes it tough for that area to keep clean. To keep the area clean you have to pee by sitting down & when you do that there is a possibility that you can urinate on yourself. And because the area remains wet, this makes it very hard to maintain genital hygiene. It can lead to bacterial and fungal infection on the soft tissues and urinary tract.
- Psychological issues such as depression & low self-esteem are inevitable as the person loses self-confidence and generates depreciating values about oneself. The psychological issues are also a result of deteriorating sexual relationships.
- It can also lead to sexual problems like erectile dysfunction and phimosis.
Also, Read – how to increase penile size and strength
Diagnosis of Buried Penis
Diagnosis of a buried penis is often done with a physical examination. Doctors observe and check patients’ penis and distinguish it from other conditions of micropenis by observing the excess amount of skin & fat covering the penis.
Freaked Out Enough? Need Not To Be Buried Penis Can Be Treated.
While weight loss may look like the most obvious cure for those who have a buried penis, many men have significant remaining prepubic fat that would benefit only from surgical repair.
The various surgical options available are used to:
- Correct scarring
- Remove excessive abdominal skin or fat- Suprapubic Liposuction
- Get rid of the fat pad located above the pubic area
- Suspensory ligament division
- Repair skin damage (including grafting skin to the shaft when necessary)
- Penile reconstruction
Successful surgery for a buried penis can make a profound difference in the life of a person facing the condition. Sexual problems and problems with urination are also often eliminated.
Other Treatment methods may include:
Weight Loss: The doctor often recommends patients suffering from a buried penis to lose weight to reduce excess fat around the penis area.
Psychological Counseling: Many patients with buried penis suffer from the psychological trauma of shame & low self-esteem. In such conditions, proper Psychological Counseling is required along with the treatment.
Medication: Doctors also prescribe medicine to the patients to decrease the chances of urinary & skin infections.
How to Get Rid of the Fat Around Penis?
Reducing the fat around the penis is a perfect way for people with buried penis due to weight gain. It will help you to get back the lost length of the penis. You can try exercises like Barbell Squats, Dumbbell push-ups and Mountain climbers. Which especially works in your groin area and reduces fat.
Our experts at IASH India have not only successfully worked on correcting the size and function of the penis but also on treating infections and skin damage, which is also very crucial. With patient satisfaction as our core value, we have always been able to make our patients leave with a big satisfied smile.
If you are facing this condition, schedule an assessment with one of our experts today to gain back your confidence and sexual health control.